Tuesday, January 31, 2012

So calm, so articulate.... I really need to work on that!

Here http://www.feministfrequency.com/2012/01/lego-gender-part-1-lego-friends/ is a calm, reasoned, erudite, articulate examination of the problem with Lego's new line for girls.

I know some people are nervous about clicking on links with "Feminist" in the title - it's a word that covers a lot of different approaches to understanding life. This one is very watchable - I cannot imagine how anyone could take exception to anything the presenter says. It's a few minutes long and very interesting.

I know I tend to get pretty worked up about things that I think are wrong with the world - and there's nothing wrong with having "big feelings" (as my daughter's preschool teacher puts it!). But, there's a lot more to be said for expressing opinions this way - in a calm and reasoned manner. I must work on that ;-) !

No comments:

Post a Comment